Great Race As UARA Makes Their Bristol Debut
A famed name at Bristol Motor Speedway was back in victory lane on Saturday night. Steve Wallace, the youngest son of Rusty Wallace, won the UARA-Stars Foody City 150 by a straightaway in his Dodge over over fellow rookie Josh Adams' Toyota.
Wallace slipped past Adams for third on lap 20. On lap 42 he slipped back to fourth, but a lap later passed Tissot to get back in third. Adams passed Buford for the lead on lap 68, with Wallace moving into second.

Tissot, running fourth, pitted during green on lap 62 during the fifth caution as his crew raised his hood and he lost a lap He blew a tire on lap 122 and smacked the turn two wall, going behind the wall.

A crash on 34 lap collected UARA-Stars points leader Jason York. He was running fifth, got loose and was tapped by Mark King into the outside wall. York sustained heavy damage to his Chevrolet and was taken out of contention with a lengthy stay for repairs in the pits.
Adams won the first heat race from the pole. Dennis Queen and Clay Greenfield finished second and third, where each of them started. Bluff City driver Nate Monteith crossed fourth after starting fifth.

Wallace dominated the second heat from the pole. Jamey Caudill was second, Bennie Hamlett third and Kirk Leone finished fourth.

In that second heat, Mart Ward was applying the pressure to take the fourth position from Leone when he crashed on the frontstretch on lap 13. Vic Hill of Greeneville was fifth in that heat, a half car length behind Leone.

Bo Miller started on the outside, but surged past pole-sitter
"This is great," Wallace said. "We busted our butt all weekend. We got a big trophy just like my dad."

Rusty Wallace is a nine-time winner at BMS in NASCAR premier series. His uncle, Kenny, has two Busch Series wins.

Wallace passed Adams for the lead on lap 82 and roared to a near straightaway lead. The sixth caution on lap 95 tightened up the field. Wallace led the final 77 laps.

Lee Tissot was the outside pole sitter and passed pole sitter Joe Buford on the first lap. Tissot remained there until lap 42, when Buford took back over the point and took Adams with him.
Steve Wallace (second from right) celebrates in Victory Lane with family and friends following his big win at Bristol.  (David Griffin/Bristol Motor Speedway)
Josh Adams (#37) was fast, but couldn't hold off Wallace.  (#02).  (Randall Perry/Bristol Motor Speedway)
Deac McCaskill at the green flag and went on to win the third heat. McCaskill crossed second, Stephen Gahagan was third and Jason Grant came in fourth.

York led flag-to-flag in the fourth heat.

Former Kingsport Speedway champion Keith Stiltner was second after starting fourth. Also advancing were another former Kingsport champ Jeff Berry in third, while Terry Allison Jr. crossed fourth.

Joey Reinehardt was running second when a flat tire sent him into the backstretch wall on lap 14. On lap eight Caleb Holman and Allison tangled while battling for the fourth spot. Holman flung his arms at Allison when he passed after Holman climbed from his dismantled car.

Mark King won the fifth heat from the pole, Jamie Yelton crossed second, Mark McFarland was third and TImothy Peters finished fourth. Former Kingsport champ Robbie Ferguson of Jonesborough started fifth and came in sixth.
Scotty Ferrell crashed in practice in Thursday and forced to withdraw from the field.

Through the first 12 points events, York leads Allison by 76 points. Three stops remain with Hickory, Nashville and Jacksonville, N.C. Jamie Yelton is the only two-time winner.

Wade Day, the former NASCAR Blue Region and Kingsport Speedway champion who resides in Elizabethton, won the Thunder Roadster 30-lap feature. He started on the outside of the front row, took the lead from Drew Calhoun the first lap, and the two swapped the point throughout the race. Day passed Calhoun for the final time on lap 26.

The Pro Challenge checkered flag went to Kingsport pole sitter Brad Housewright, who never relinquished the lead in holding off Jamie Blanton at the finish.

The final heat was taken by Andy Johnson, who started second. Eric McClure, nephew of Morgan-McClure Motorsports owner Larry McClure, was second. Ashley Huffman came in third and Brent Raymer was fourth.

Pole sitter Nick Hutchins had slipped to third with his car smoking when he lost a tire, made contact with Raymer and towed behind the wall. Hutchins was rewarded one of the four provisional spots in the 30-car field.

Alex Yontz, the rookie points leader with one win this year, posted the top speed in qualifying but was sent to the rear of the final heat race due to an illegal rear end. Since this was not a UARA-Stars points event, Yontz headed back to Walnut Cove, N.C.
Wallace took a traditional victory lap with the checkered flag waving after his win.  (David Griffin/Bristol Motor Speedway)