51 Video Leftovers: Martinsville - NASCAR
K&N Pro Series & Whelen Modified Tour
Moffitt and Santos Score Wins at the Paperclip
By Elgin Traylor & Ally Fulson
Whelen Made In American 200 Speed Shots
- Jason Myers' bad luck at Martinsville came to an end, as his string of DNF’s was replaced by a 11th place run.
- James Civali ran sixth after starting 28th.
- Justin Bonsignore scored a career best second-place finish at Martinsville. His previous best was a fourth, which occurred on two occasions at Riverhead.
- Mike Stefanik’s fourth-place finish at Martinsville was his 13th career top five run at the historic half mile.
- Wade Cole scored his first top 10 - placing 10th at Martinsville.
- Bobby Santos’ win made him the first driver to win three of the first four races in a NASCAR Modified Tour racing season.
UNOH Performance 200 Speed Shots
- Ryan Truex finished second after having to start at the rear for missing the drivers meeting.
- All three of Brett Moffitt’s wins have come in his first visit to each of the tree tracks (South Boston, Martinsville and Dover)
- Former NASCAR Canadian Champion Andrew Ranger scored his first career top five finish.
- The race was shortened by 25 laps due to rain.
Whether you need presence, exposure or maximum exposure, or want a 51-designed site you manage yourself, 51 Sports services can give you that extra edge over the competition. Click here for details.
Bobby Santos won at Martinsville Speedway on the NASCAR Whelen Modifed Tour - becoming the first driver to win three of the first four races in a season.
Brett Moffitt scored the win at Martinsville Speedway in the rain shortened NASCAR K&N Pro East Series race.
Justin Bonsignore posted a career best second-place finish at Martinsville. Todd Szegedy made up three laps and Woody Pitkat went 204 laps on the same set of tires.
Brett Moffitt showing off his new clock. (51 Sports Photo)
Burt Myers ran four races over the weekend. He started with an SK type ride at Ace Speedway (NC) on Friday night where he finished second. From there it was a doubleheader at Bowman Gray Stadium where he took a fourth and a 10th place finish adding to his point lead. Then it was on to Martinsville where he ended up fourth.
Bobby Santos in victory lane at Martinsville. (Jim Dupont Photo)