The 25 year-old American Canadian Tour announces over $1 million in purses and prize funds for its touring events in 2011. ACT releases 2011 schedules for its two Late Model touring series; the American-based ACT Late Model Tour and the Canadian-based Série ACT Castrol Edge. Schedules consist of 12 events for both tours including three combination events plus several non-point counting special events.
The ACT Late Model Tour will begin their campaign on Sunday, April 17 with the traditional NH Governor’s Cup 150 at Lee USA Speedway in Lee, NH. They will then have three events during the month of May starting with the Merchants Bank 150 at Thunder Road in Barre, VT on Sunday, May 1. Oxford Plains Speedway in Oxford, ME will have their first of two (2) events in 2011 on Sunday, May 15. The Tour will then complete their May schedule with their first ever trip to Devil’s Bowl Speedway in Fair Haven, VT on Sunday, May 22 with the 37th Annual Spring Green 111.
The Tour will make its annual visits to White Mountain Motorsports Park in North Woodstock, NH (Saturday, June 18), Twin State Speedway in Claremont, NH (Saturday, July 9), and Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, ME (Saturday, July 30).
After making its second trip of the year to Thunder Road for the Bond Auto Labor Day Classic on Sunday, September 4, the 2011 ACT Late Model Tour will decide its champion in the Fall Foliage 200 at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY on Saturday, October 8.
The 2011 Série ACT Castrol Edge schedule will commence on Saturday, May 21 with its first of three events at Autodrome St-Eustache in St-Eustache, Quebec. The second St-Eustache event will be a 200 lap grind on Saturday, July 16 and the final event on the 1/2 mile speedway will be the St-Eustache 300 on Sunday, September 18. The Série will run two 100-lap events at Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, Quebec, the first on Saturday, May 28 and the second on Saturday, July 2.
It will also visit Autodrome Chaudiére in Vallée-Jonction, Quebec for two point counting events in 2011. They will be held on Saturday, June 4 and Saturday, August 6. Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, Quebec will host two stand alone point counting events on Saturday, June 18 and Saturday, July 9.
The 2011 Série ACT Castol Edge Champion will also be crowned on Saturday, October 8 following the Fall Foliage 200 at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY.
The two tours will compete in three combination point counting events in 2011. The first will be the recently announced “Short Track Showdown” at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH on Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13, while the second will be the Riverside Can-Am 200 at Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, Quebec. The third will be the season finale Fall Foliage 200 at Airborne.
Competitors from both sides of the border will also enjoy four (4) special non-point counting events again in 2011. The Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway on Sunday, July 24 is one of the premiere Late Model events in the North America, while the “Showdown at Chaudiére”, an All-Star event, held at Autodrome Chaudiére will be run for the fourth consecutive season on Saturday, September 10.
Two of the biggest special events of the year include the 3rd Annual ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH on Saturday, September 24. The event will again be included in the September NASCAR weekend at the “Magic Mile.” The 49th running of the People’s United Bank Milk Bowl at Thunder Road in Barre, VT will complete the 2011 special events on Sunday, October 2.
2011 ACT LATE MODEL TOUR SCHEDULE
# DAY DATE TRACK LOCATION LAPS
1. Sun. April 17 Lee USA Speedway Lee, NH 150
2. Sun. May 1 Thunder Road Barre, VT 150
3. Sun. May 15 Oxford Plains Speedway Oxford, ME 150
4. Sun. May 22 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Fair Haven, VT 111
5. Sat. June 18 White Mtn. Motorsports Park N. Woodstock, NH 150
6. Sat. June 25 Oxford Plains Speedway Oxford, ME 150
7. Sat. July 9 Twin State Speedway Claremont, NH 100
*** Sun. July 24 Oxford 250 Weekend Oxford, ME 250
8. Sat. July 30 Beech Ridge Motor Speedway Scarborough, ME 150
9. Fri./Sat. Aug. 12/13 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, NH 100
10. Sat. Aug. 27 Circuit Riverside Speedway St-Croix, QC 200
11. Sun. Sept. 4 Thunder Road Barre, VT 200
*** Sat. Sept. 10 Autodrome Chaudiére Vallée-Jct, QC 200
*** Sat. Sept. 24 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, NH 60
*** Sat/Sun Oct. 1/2 Thunder Road 49th Milk Bowl Barre, VT 200
12. Sat. Oct. 8 Airborne Speedway Plattsburgh, NY 200
*** - denotes NON-POINT events
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
2011 SÉRIE ACT CASTROL EDGE SCHEDULE
# JOUR DATE CIRCUIT EMPLACEMENT TOURS
1. sam. 21 mai Autodrome St-Eustache St-Eustache, QC 100
2. sam. 28 mai Autodrome Montmagny Montmagny, QC 100
3. sam. 4 juin Autodrome Chaudiére Vallée-Jct, QC 100
4. sam. 18 juin Circuit Riverside Speedway St-Croix, QC 100
5. sam. 2 juill Autodrome Montmagny Montmagny, QC 100
6. sam. 9 juill Circuit Riverside Speedway St-Croix, QC 100
7. sam. 16 juill Autodrome St-Eustache St-Eustache, QC 200
*** dim. 24 juill Oxford Plains Speedway Oxford, ME 250
8. sam. 6 aout Autodrome Chaudiérie Vallée-Jct, QC 150
9. ven/sam 12/13 aout New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, NH 100
10. sam. 27 aout Circuit Riverside Speedway St-Croix, QC 200
*** sam. 10 sept Showdown at Chaudiere Vallée-Jct, QC 200
11. dim. 18 sept Autodrome St-Eustache St-Eustache, QC 300
*** sam. 24 sept New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, NH 60
*** sam/dim 1/2 oct Thunder Road Barre, VT 200
12. Sam. 8 oct Airborne Speedway Plattsburgh, NY 200
*** - denotes NON-CHAMPIONSHIP events
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE