NASCAR has announced the 2010 schedule for the NASCAR Camping World Series East that include a total of 10 events across eight states.
“The NASCAR Camping World Series continues to visit key markets and top race tracks up and down the East Coast,” said George Silbermann, NASCAR Managing Director of Racing Operations. “The diverse schedule should provide for an exciting season of racing and an excellent opportunity for NASCAR’s rising stars to gain experience.”
The 2010 season will be highlighted by three companion events with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. New Hampshire Motor Speedway will have its traditional events on June 25 and Sept. 17 in Loudon, N.H., while the champion will once again be crowned at Dover (Del.) International Speedway on Sept. 24.
New to the Camping World Series East schedule in 2010 will be the high-banked half mile of Gresham Motorsports Park. The Jefferson, Ga., track is on the schedule for Aug. 28.
A pair of familiar venues will also return to the Camping World Series East schedule in 2010. Historic Martinsville (Va.) Speedway played host to the NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Series East – then known as the Busch and Busch North Series – for combination races in 1989 and 1990, and a return engagement is slated for June 6. And after a five-year absence, Lee USA Speedway will welcome back the East for a date on July 30. The .375-mile oval was the site of 16 Camping World Series East from 1992-2004.
The Camping World Series East and West will converge on Iowa Speedway for the fourth year in a row for the prestigious combination race on May 23 in Newton, Iowa. The first three editions of the event have attracted also NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standouts Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne and Kyle Busch.
Other 2010 NASCAR Camping World Series East schedule highlights include:
· The 24th season of the Camping World Series East will commence at Greenville (S.C.) Pickens Speedway on March 27, two weeks earlier than last year. It will mark the fifth season in a row the half-mile track has played host to the East.
- April 3 will see South Boston (Va.) Speedway bring the Camping World Series East in for a doubleheader with the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour. The venerable .4-mile oval has held East races since 2007. This will be the earliest that South Boston has been on the calendar.
· The 1.53-mile road course at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Conn., will return to the schedule on June 6 for the 18th time since 1993. The race had been run in mid-August the two previous seasons.
· The Martinsville and Lime Rock races will be doubleheaders with the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour.
The schedule announcement was made from the site of the NASCAR Touring Series Awards Gala in Concord, N.C., where Camping World Series titlists Ryan Truex (East) and Jason Bowles (West) and the rest of the touring series champions will be honored Saturday night. Fans can watch the live online stream at www.nascarhometracks.com at 7 p.m. ET.
2010 NASCAR Camping World Series East Schedule
Date Track (Length) Location
Sat., March 27 Greenville Pickens Speedway (.5-Mile) Greenville, S.C.
Sat., April 3 South Boston Speedway (.4-Mile) South Boston, Va.
Sun., May 23 Iowa Speedway (.875-Mile) * Newton, Iowa
Sun., June 6 Martinsville Speedway (.526-Mile) Martinsville, Va.
Fri., June 25 New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-Mile) Loudon, N.H.
Sat., July 3 Lime Rock Park (1.53-Mile Road Course) Lakeville, Conn.
Fri., July 30 Lee USA Speedway (.375-Mile) Lee, N.H.
Sat., Aug. 28 Gresham Motorsports Park (.500-Mile) Jefferson, Ga.
Fri., Sept. 17 New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-Mile) Loudon, N.H.
Fri., Sept. 24 Dover International Speedway (1-Mile) Dover, Del.
* Combination race with the NASCAR Camping World Series West
All dates subject to change