Ryan Seig Wins GAS Race at New Senoia Series PR Report
Driver Scores his First Career Series Victory
New Senoia Raceway hosted the Georgia Asphalt Series - Southern Crescent 100, Saturday evening. Five Star Rookie points leader T.J. Reaid of Acworth, Georgia set fast time on the 3/8th mile oval with a blistering 14.185 second lap winning the Bearden Oil Company - Sunoco Racing Fuels Pole Award. Reaid drew a 4, moving Russell Fleeman to the inside pole position.
Fleeman of Dacula in the US Auto Sales racer, lead the first 77 laps and had several challenges for the lead including challenges from Five Star Rookie driver Max Gresham of Griffin, Georgia and Roger Delp of Newnan, Georgia. An accident on the back straight away involved several drivers including Delp.
Ryan Sieg of Decatur, Georgia in the S & W Towing racer, had charged from his 9th place starting position to take his first ever Georgia Asphalt Series win. Sieg, passed Russell Fleeman on lap 77 and pulled away for the win. "This win feels excellent", said Sieg in a jubilant victory lane, " the car was great and the Hamner Racing Engine was top notch." Sieg and Fleeman raced side by side for several laps in some intense racing action before Sieg finally took the lead.
The competition was great throughout the field. Local Driver Bubba Pollard of Senoia, finished third with rookie drivers Max Gresham and T.J. Reaid finishing 4th and 5th respectively.
Great run for Beau Slocomb of Forsyth, Georgia, who had to start in the rear due to mechanical problems during qualifying and finished seventh. Veteran driver Ronnie Sanders of Fayetteville, finished 8th and another local driver. Tony Clark of nearby Sharpsburg finished tenth.
Zach Holloway of Newnan, Georgia and Bobby East of Rockmart made their first starts of 2008 with the GAS Series.
The Next event for the Georgia Asphalt Series is Thursday, July 3rd at Peach State Speedway in Jefferson, Georgia. The GAS Series - Toyota Tundra 125 starts at 7:30. Peach State Speedway is located of I-85 at Exit 140. The local classes will also compete and there will be a huge fireworks display.
Georgia Asphalt Series
Southern Crescent 100
New Senoia Raceway
Official Finishing order
Place/Drivers Name/Hometown/Laps Completed
1) Ryan Sieg - Decatur, GA 100
2) Russell Fleeman - Dacula, GA 100
3) Bubba Pollard - Senoia, GA 100
4) Max Gresham (R) - Griffin, GA 100
5) T.J. Reaid (R) - Acworth, GA 100
6) Wes Burton - Kannapolis, NC 100
7) Beau Slocomb - Juliette, GA 100
8) Ronnie Sanders - Fayetteville, GA 100
9) Nick Potts - Jefferson, GA 100
10) Tony Clark - Sharpsburg, GA 99
11) Joey Senter - Jefferson, GA 99
12) Chris Dilbeck - Hampton, GA 99
13) Shane Nalley - Canton, GA 98
14) Bobby Keys - Lilburn, GA 98
15) Billy Chancy - Kathleen, GA 77
16) Roger Delp - Newnan, GA 63
17) Bobby East - Rockmart, GA 46
18) Zach Holloway - Newnan, GA 45
19) Mahlon Winstead - Williamson, GA DNS
Race time 42 min
Seig climbs out of his car at New Senoia. (GAS Photo)